A Companion to the Roman Empire provides readers with a guide both to Roman imperial history and to the field of Roman studies, taking account of the most recent discoveries.
* Provides a guide both to Roman imperial history and to the field of Roman studies.
* Takes account of recent discoveries.
* Shows that Roman imperial history is a compelling and vibrant subject.
* Includes significant new contributions to various areas of Roman imperial history.
* Covers the social, intellectual, economic and cultural history of the Roman Empire.
* Contains an extensive bibliogaphy.