The LATEX typesetting system remains a popular choice for typesetting a wide variety of documents, from papers, journal articles, and presentations, to books--especially those that include technical text or demand high-quality composition. This book is the most comprehensive guide to making illustrations in LATEX documents, and it has been completely revised and expanded to include the latest developments in LATEX graphics. The authors describe the most widely used packages and provide hundreds of solutions to the most commonly encountered LATEX illustration problems.
This book will show you how to
- Incorporate graphics files into a LATEX document
- Program technical diagrams using several languages, including METAPOST, PSTricks, and XY-pic
- Use color in your LATEX projects, including presentations
- Create special-purpose graphics, such as high-qualitymusic scores and games diagrams
- Produce complex graphics for a variety of scientific and engineering disciplines
New to this edition:
- Updated and expanded coverage of the PSTricks and METAPOST languages
- Detailed explanations of major new packages for graphing and 3-D figures
- Comprehensive description of the xcolor package
- Making presentations with the beamer class
- The latest versions of gaming and scientific packages
There are more than 1100 fully tested examples that illustrate the text and solve graphical problems and tasks--all ready to run!
All the packages and examples featured in this book are freely downloadable from the Comprehensive TEX Archive Network (CTAN).
The LATEX Graphics Companion, Second Edition, is more than ever an indispensable reference for anyone wishing to incorporate graphics into LATEX. As befits the subject, the book has been typeset with LATEX in a two-color design.