The extensive additions, and the inclusion of a new chapter, has made this classic work by Jeffrey, now joined by co-author Dr. H.H. Dai, an even more essential reference for researchers and students in applied mathematics, engineering, and physics. It provides quick access to important formulas, relationships between functions, and mathematical techniques that range from matrix theory and integrals of commonly occurring functions to vector calculus, ordinary and partial differential equations, special functions, Fourier series, orthogonal polynomials, and Laplace and Fourier transforms. During the preparation of this edition full advantage was taken of the recently updated seventh edition of Gradshteyn and Ryzhik's Table of Integrals, Series, and Products and other important reference works. Suggestions from users of the third edition of the Handbook have resulted in the expansion of many sections, and because of the relevance to boundary value problems for the Laplace equation in the plane, a new chapter on conformal mapping, has been added, complete with an atlas of useful mappings. A unique feature of the fourth edition is the provision of a CD-ROM that provides ready access to the most frequently used parts of the book, together with helpful notes for users of the Handbook.
- Comprehensive coverage in reference form of the branches of mathematics used in science and engineering
- Organized to make results involving integrals and functions easy to locate
- Results illustrated by worked examples
- Unique CD-ROM that provides access to the most frequently used parts of the book
- CD-ROM contains helpful notes for users