2013 Best PhD Thesis on Robotics in Spain
Our Institute is proud to announce that PhD Thesis "Numerical Computation and Avoidance of Manipulator Singularities" by our student Oriol Bohigas, is the winner of the 2013 Best PhD Thesis on Robotics in Spain Award from GTRob CEA.
The award was given at the XXXV Jornadas de Automática in Valencia. Check out the list of awards.
We have a TFM (Treball Final de Màster) Proposal about deep learning:
- Title:"Task-Specific Deep Networks for World Understanding"
- Supervisor: Edgar Simó and Francesc Moreno
- More info: here
TFM Offers on flying ball robots
We have two TFM/Master Thesis Proposals available about flying ball robots:
- Proposal 1: "Speech recognition and interaction with humans by a flying ball robot" (info)
- Proposal 2: "Localization and navigation of a flying ball robot" (info)
IRI achieves 2 projects at 2014 H2020 Calls
13 proposals participated by UPC (4 of them also coordinated) has been selected to be funded in 2014 Calls from Horizon 2020.
2 of them (1 coordinated) belong to our Institute:
- GRACeFUL Project (H2020-FETPROACT): coordinated by Tom Creemers
- AEROARMS Project (H2020-ICT23): participated by Alberto Sanfeliu